Action Plan to Control Illegal Slaughtering in the Limits of GHMC
Dr.B.Janardhan Reddy, Commissioner, GHMC has directed all the officials of the Veterinary Wing to prepare an action plan and also personally monitor to control illegal slaughtering in the GHMC limits and further instructed to strengthen the system and see that all the Veterinary officials must keep a strict vigil for official slaughtering in GHMC slaughter houses involving other line departments.
The Commissioner, GHMC held a detailed review meeting on Veterinary and Entomology along with Additional Commissioner (H&S), Chief Veterinary Officer, Chief Entomology and senior officials of the said wings today at GHMC Head Office.
The Commissioner, GHMC directed the Chief Veterinary Officer to take up registration of pet dogs and animal breeders zone wise and also steps to be taken for optimal functioning of slaughter houses, with regard to Ma Enti Nestham there is a need to create awareness about the programme duly involving RWAs, NGOs etc., for control of illegal slaughtering the Commissioner instructed the officials to take the help of all the line departments.
The Mutton and Chicken shops who are maintaining proper hygiene and running their business according to the norms of GHMC they may be identified and proper incentives and awards may be given as a token of encouragement and also ensure that proper segregation wet and dry waste is being maintained at the shops, hotels and business establishments.
The Commissioner, GHMC also reviewed the meeting with regard to Entomology wing and the following agenda items have been discussed:
- Antilarval Operations:- Educating all households covered under Anti larval operations on weekly dry day.
- Deweeding in Tanks and lakes:- 1785 acres of water hyacinth removed in 29 tanks and lakes.
- Disease incidence:- 23 Malaria and 10 Dengue cases reported so far compared to that last year 45 Malaria and 23 Dengue cases.
- Biological larval control:- Releasing of larvivorus Gambusia fish in all 185 tanks, lakes and quarries wells
- IEC activities:- (A) Commencing school campaign in the month of June
(B) Pasting of door stickers to all the 20 lakhs families on dengue and malaria and mosquito control, weekly dry day observation
(C) Talking in FM Radioi (D) Sensitizing SHG groups and RWAs.
- Implementation of Biometric Attendance.
- Highlighting one mosquito can produce 700 crores mosquitoes in one year i.e, more than World Population.